The programme emphasises the identification of the individual’s risk factors and then focuses on the modification of these risk factors to maximize their chances of protecting their most valuable asset, their health.
It is known that early detection of disease makes treatment more effective and less expensive. Our check-ups not only aim to diagnose existing conditions, they also enable us to evaluate key risk factors that once identified, can be modified with specifically tailored preventive strategies. The following are only some of the benefits of early health investigation:
- Measurement of blood pressure and cholesterol levels enable us to evaluate your future risk of heart attack and stroke
- An electrocardiogram at rest, exercise treadmill test or heart ultrasound (echocardiogram) can detect abnormalities of the heart such as coronary artery disease, arrhythmias and avoid sudden death.
- Blood, urine and stool tests assess anaemia, diabetes, infection, gout, liver and kidney functions, and bowel disease.
- Tumour markers can detect the presence of cancer cells in your blood
- Pelvic ultrasound scan can detect ovarian cancer
- Prostate analysis provides early detection of prostate cancer
- Assessing vitamin D levels